Wear-resistant steels DURSTEEL
Hard & Enduring steels from the 400HB to 500HB
The PRODUR range of quench and tempered steels have been developed by the wear-resistant solutions specialist for 50 years. DURSTEEL® grades are designed to meet the most demanding requirements in terms of hardness, toughness and processing properties. Their technical qualities and specific metallurgies enable the best performance to be obtained for the construction, protection or repair of industrial equipment, without compromise. PRODUR through the DURSTEEL® range offers quality wear-resistant steels in a hardness scale from 400 to 500 Brinell as well as specific high-impact or temperature resistant grades. See also the CREUSABRO® range.
DISCOVER DURSTEEL WEAR-RESISTANT STEELS RANGE:
Build or protect equipment in the most aggressive environments with DURSTEEL.
Wear-resistant steels help to protect equipment against wear and increase the life of equipment. DURSTEEL is a range of hardened steels of high strength, abrasion and wear-resistance, with good workshop processability.
400HB Wear resistant steel – Dursteel 410, wear resistant choice
DURSTEEL 410 is a quenched and tempered resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 400 HB. It endures severe wear and tear and its high yield strength allows it to absorb important shocks without deformation. It is characterized by very good processability (bending, machining, welding).
- Thickness (mm): 2-130
- Hardness (HBW): 370-430 (90% of batches between 390-410)
- Main applications : Linners, wear blades, buckets, dumpers, hoppers, chutes, hammers, knives, buckets, bulldozers, augers, screens, clamps, etc… .
DURSTEEL 460 is a quenched and Tempered wear resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 460 HB. It endures severe wear and tear and its high yield strength allows it to absorb high impact loads without deformation. In addition to its hardness and impact strength characteristics, the high quality of the hardening process makes it easy to process. It is characterised by good processability (bending, machining, welding).
- Thickness (mm): 3-120
- Hardness (HBW): 420-480
- Main applications: dumpers, skips, hoppers, chutes, hammers, bulldozers, crushers, screens, clamps
DURSTEEL 510 wear-resistant steel is a quenched and tempered, high abrasion resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 510 HB. It endures very severe wear conditions. In addition to its hardness and toughness characteristics, the high quality of the quenching process allows DURSTEEL 510 to be processed very well, especially with regard to weldability.
- Thickness (mm): 3-50 (60 to 80 on request)
- Hardness (HBW) : 470-530
- Main applications: Components subject to heavy wear, crushers, shields, chutes, knives, buckets, etc…
DURSTEEL Tuffplate is a quenched and tempered steel with a high abrasion resistance with a nominal hardness of 340 HB and a very good toughness (impact resistance). Resistant to severe and combined wear conditions (Impact+Abrasion), the extreme quality of the hardening and the specific metallurgy allow a good transformation of DURSTEEL Tuffplate, particularly a good weldability.
- Thickness (mm): 40 to 120 (130-150 on request)
- Hardness (HBW): 310-370
- Main applications : Wear parts of great thickness for earth-moving and mining machines, demolition tools, rock breakers.
DURSTEEL HT wear-resistant steel is a Q&T, high abrasion resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 360 HB. Resistant to severe wear conditions, it is the reference solution up to temperatures of 500°C. The high quality of the hardening process and the specific metallurgy allow a good transformation of DURSTEEL HT, particularly a good weldability.
- Thickness (mm): 8-20 (60 to 80 on request)
- Hardness (HBW) : 320-440
- Main applications: Components subject to high wear and high temperatures, steel industry, cement industry, recycling, thermal power plants, asphalt plants
DURSTEEL Mn is a manganese steel, processable and non-magnetic. It is characterized by high toughness and excellent weldability. When Dursteel Mn is impacted or crushed, the impact or pressure hardens the surface to a depth of 1 to 3 mm up to 540 HB, while the core retains its initial hardness of around 200 HB (the mechanical energy transforms the austenitic structure of the surface into martensitic carbides).
- Thickness (mm): 2 to 40, others on request, also available in round (Ø12 to 40 mm) and flat (6 to 20 mm)
- Hardness (HBW): in delivery condition > 200 HBW, after work hardening 490-540 HBW.
- Main applications: Anti-burglary grids, Screen grids, Scalper bars, Roller rails, Grinding knives, Sliding plates for chain conveyors, Grinding hammers, Shot blasting, Impact plates, Impact tools, Lock and safe armoring, Vehicle armoring
50 years of experience in the transformation of wear-resistant steels have forged our professionalism and our understanding of Q&T steels. Since company creation, our workshops have processed more than 100’000 tons of wear-resistant steels. As the first ambassador of quality wear-resistant steels, we know how to select the best steel mills to build our range. In compliance with our specifications, we work only with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified steelmakers. Produr requires its suppliers to comply with precise specifications (hardness, impact strength, tolerances, metallurgy, flatness, aspect, painting, marking and processability) before approval, their products are qualified internally (metallurgy laboratory), we do not make spot purchases or second quality products, and our suppliers environmental impact and CSR are taken into account in our purchasing policy. Each plate is checked internally on receipt (Documentation, hardness, flatness, appearance, thickness), and batches are periodically sent to the metallurgy laboratory.
DURSTEEL wear resistant steel range: Quality / Traceability (CCPU) / Performance / Availability