DURAPLATE D31T WEAR RESISTANT PLATE
DURAPLATE is the reference in abrasion protection. It combines the exceptional wear resistance performance of its chromium carbide coating with the flexibility of its mild steel base plate. This last characteristic allows an easy implementation: cutting, rolling, welding… DURAPLATE is the most efficient answer to the most severe abrasion conditions.
DURAPLATE combines a support based on a mild steel plate, on which a deposit of CHROMIUM CARBIDE is applied by welding. This very hard layer is fused to the base metal in parallel welding beads. These continuous beads are also fused longitudinally, which results in a very flat and homogeneous surface.
The clearly visible cracks, perpendicular to the beads, are shrinkage cracks which prove that the stresses due to the deposit have been released. They do not affect the performance of the material. Their location is limited to the hard layer. They do not propagate in the base metal.
Chromium carbide in austenitic matrix
Wear plate hardfaced with stringer beads
The welding process by stringer beads, a particularity of the Duraplate wear plate, allows to obtain :
- more homogeneous hardfacing metallurgy (finer carbides due to fast cooling process)
- more constant hardfacing layer thickness,
- finer and better distributed cracks,
- low dilution in the support plate.
These four elements give Duraplate grades a wear resistance superior to that obtained by conventional hardfacing processes. This specific process implemented by Welding Alloys Group allows superior control of the dilution zone, reduce the weakening of the base plate and the risk of cracks during forming.
Use of Duraplate D31T
- Forming: the exceptional quality of Duraplate hardfacing makes it suitable for cold forming according to specifications that depend on the combination of the thickness of the hardfacing and the support sheet. The sheet heated to more than 1200°C can be hot-formed without changing its characteristics.
- Areas of use: vibratory feeders, skips, chutes, hoppers, loader buckets, bull blades, screen plates, dumper bottoms, scalpers, rails and skids, fan tracks and blades, augers, etc…
- Welding: all conventional welding procedures apply to Duraplate hardfacing. The hardfacing can be repaired or completed with DURCOR electrodes or wires of the same composition as the filler metals.
Hardness : 60-62 HRC
|Thickness (mm) Base plate + Hardfacing||D31T Dimensions
|3+3||2900 x 1400|
|4+2||2900 x 1400|
|5+3||2900 x 1900|
|6+4||2900 x 1900|
|8+5||2900 x 1900|
|10+9||2900 x 1900|