ALDUR 240 - Resistant to all abrasions, even chemical!
ALDUR 240 wear ceramic is an advanced ceramic with exceptional abrasion resistance. In addition, it offers effective protection against chemical aggression and outstanding mechanical properties that allow for coatings from 1.5 to 75 mm thick. Its characteristics place it at the top of resistant materials to sliding abrasion.
AREAS OF USE OF ALDUR TECHNICAL CERAMICS
ALDUR 240 ceramic is made from a complex mixture of powders containing 92% alumina (Al2O3) of very high purity. This powder is molded and pressed at very high pressure. At this stage, the part can be cut or machined to shape.
The raw block is then treated at 1500°C. At the end of this process, the alumina-based ALDUR 240 ceramic acquires an extremely compact structure with a very high density and a hardness such that its resistance to abrasion is far superior to all materials normally encountered.
ALDUR 240 maintains its characteristics up to very high temperatures (1200°C), is insensitive to atmospheric agents and offers a remarkable chemical inertia to bases and acids (except for hydrofluoric acid).
ALDUR is a registered trademark of PRODUR company. This technical ceramic allows to realize the coatings of the following equipments:
- Injection nozzles
- Fan volutes
- Concrete mixers
- Pneumatic or hydraulic conveyors elements.
Dimensions : Standard technical ceramic tiles to be glued or welded
|Thickness (mm)||Shapes||Dimensions (mm)|
|1,5 to 6||10 x 10 mm or 20 x 20 mm tiles in panels to be glued||344 x 344 or 500 x 500|
|6 to 75||Tiles to be glued or welded||100 x 100 or 100 x 150|
ALDUR 240 wear ceramic tiles are available in many formats. For special cases, we can produce custom-made shapes for the lining of your installations. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF ALDUR WEAR CERAMIC
- Density 3,57
- Hardness Mohs 9 (diamond reference = 10)
- Abrasion resistance in suitable cases Superior to DURHART (see data sheet)
FIXING METHOD OF ALDUR TECHNICAL CERAMIC TILES
- By gluing: epoxy, silicone or polyurethane.
- By welding on the support of a metal blocking cap in a conical hole after gluing with silicone or polyurethane.
- By vulcanization on rubber or rubber + steel, product under the brand name ” ALGUM “. These data are not contractual. PRODUR reserves the right to change the characteristics of its products at any time without prior notice.